- While focusing on safety and comfort, Dr. Buys provides traditional chiropractic care through the use of diversified adjusting techniques for his patients. Having proved itself time and time again, traditional chiropractic spinal manipulation promotes speedy pain relief, faster healing, and helps patients maintain a superior level of health and well being.
- Dr. Buys is one of the few chiropractors in the nation to be certified in Mechanical Diagnosis and Therapy, also known as the McKenzie Method. Utilizing a highly specific method of evaluation and assessment, MDT is a system of treatment for derangement of joints and surrounding tissue focusing on repetitive motion exercises performed by the patient to assist in their healing process. Although most frequently employed to treat disc derangement, the principals can be used to manage other joint issues and promote patient independence.
- A relatively new procedure in the health care field, Graston Technique is a type of instrument assisted soft tissue work. Using six stainless steel tools, Graston Technique is able to break up fibrotic adhesions and trigger points which effect spinal function and create pain and discomfort. As one of only a handful of chiropractors in Michigan to offer this treatment, Dr. Buys often integrates this unique and extremely effective procedure into his treatment protocol. For more information on Graston please check out www.grastontechnique.com
- Offering the latest in technology, Buys Chiropractic is proud to provide patient's with cost effective access to spinal decompression. Proven to be more than just hype, spinal decompression is a highly effective and safer alternative to invasive surgical care. While not right for everyone, it can provide painless relief from bulging and herniated discs in the spinal column.
- Recently making news in the 2008 Summer Olympics, Kinesotaping is a modern approach to traditional corrective athletic taping. Using specialized tape with elastic properties, Kinesotaping provides support and comfort to problematic muscles while not restricting joint motion. Lasting 3-5 days once applied, Kinesotape helps keep patients functioning at their peak.
- Just as a house is only as strong as its foundation, so is our body effected by its foundation: our feet. Buys Chiropractic realizes this and offers patients custom crafted, custom fitted orthotics manufactured by Sole Supports. Dr. Buys wants to make sure his patients are able to function to their fullest capacity and may recommend orthotics as part of your care.
- In a world of fast food and over processed grocery items our bodies are often missing important nutrients we need to function normally. Buys Chiropractic knows this is a problem and provides patients with access to pharmacuetical grade nutritional supplementation from Ortho Molecular, Pure Encapsulations, and Metagenics. Dr. Buys is happy to make nutritional recommendations as patients seek to improve their health.